Bathroom Remodeling Akron, Ohio
The remodeling of a bathroom is no small job. As you dig in and select a contractor, there are a few things you will want to give some thought. From flooring to lighting to tub selection, the decisions – and choices – can seem endless. When you are in the market for bathroom remodeling in Akron, Ohio, contact Allen Keith Construction. We can answer these questions and more. Some things to consider include:
Find the right flooring for your bathroom remodeling project.
- If your remodeling project includes updating your bathroom floor, you will want to consider glazed or porcelain tiles. Both tend to be easy to maintain and will keep their beauty for years to come.
- On the other hand, porous stone tiles are more likely to absorb what lands on them causing them to be stained unless they are very well sealed.
- For some, especially older adults or those with mobility issues, a nonslip floor is important. If this is an issue in your home, you will want to consider tiles that are less prone to being slippery. You'll find the best options are textured surfaces. Also, smaller tiles give a better grip for your foot than larger tiles as there is more grout.
Check the wiring before beginning your bathroom remodeling project.
- If your home was built before WW2, it most likely has 15-amp wiring in the bathroom. While this might have been fine in the past, it isn't really up to the job in today's amped up world. In fact, there is a good chance it has been overworked with modern small appliances such as hair dryers.
- If this is the situation in your home, it is best to replace the wiring and well as the outlets. A dedicated 20-amp circuit should do the job. Don't forget to add additional outlets as older homes typically don't have enough – especially in the bathroom.
Consider adding extras during your bathroom remodeling.
- Storage space is always an issue and an even bigger one in the bathroom. Instead of using a hanging organizer in the shower, have a recessed cubby added to the shower. This makes a great place to keep shampoo, sponges, and soap. Be sure to plan the cubby in such a way to keep tile cuts to a minimum. Also, instead of using tile for the bottom of the cubby, select a piece of stone countertop. It will make for easier cleaning as there will be no grout lines.
- Change up a pedestal sink for a cabinet sink to add extra storage.
- Improve your lighting around the mirror to reduce shadows.
- Install a skylight for natural light.
- Upgrade your ceiling fan to reduce moisture in your bathroom.
- Install a sunlamp with your ceiling fan to brighten those dark winter days and give you the Vitamin D your body needs.
Contact us for bathroom remodeling in Akron, Ohio.
Regardless of your bathroom remodeling plans – large or small – you'll want to connect with Allen Keith. We can assist with any of your bathroom remodeling needs in Akron, Ohio. Contact us today to get started on the bathroom of your dreams with help from one of the best contractors in Ohio.